Blueberry Meadows was once an 18th century hunting camp used by the present owner's Seneca and Delaware ancestors. The property was formally acquired just after the Civil War and has remained in family possession through succeeding generations to the present.
It was one of a small number of farms that refused to sell to the
Babcock Lumber Company when it bought nearly 7000 acres of the Allegheny
Front in 1897. The farmer holdouts found themselves isolated in the middle of a vast wilderness. Their little community became known as Ogletown, named after the attorney who helped them set up a school system for their children.